Saturday, April 11, 2009

Static Dynamic

A thousand words a picture's worth, they say. As a writer-in-the-making, photography was a murky subject to me, so my say in this matter was not to be banked upon.
However, now with my face behind the lens and power to zoom at my fingers, a new electric current of discovery and passion sparks through my veins and tingles my nerves. This embellishment of vision opens up a never-ending array of possibilities and opportunities.
With the click of a button, nature is frozen into memory to be cherished forevermore.
The first blossom of spring and the unfurling of fresh buds, the myriad of colours of bird's feathers, the lush green of rippling grass, the cool icy blue of the first summer wave, the first cascade of falling golden, brown and marroon leaves in fall and the first snowflake of winter can only ever be preserved on film.
The sacred art of photography is slowly withering as the digital camera compatriots make their scene. Optical zoom, LCD touch screen panels and 10 megapixels; taking a perfect photograph has been made child's play- press, click, flash!
Yet, true photography prowess lies in the art of moulding an ordinary camera to take exquisite, mind-blowing photographs.
Photography, is new to me, as I said before, and I intend to exploit my new found hobby to its maximum. I must confess to using a digital camera as they are like training wheels; once I get the hang of this fascinating art, I shall don the authentic camera and immobilise nature's teeming, explosive, flabbergasting beauty and diversity for future generations to gaze upon and gape with awe and delight.


Here are a few experimentive photographs that I have taken with my trusty Sony digital camera. Enjoy the trumpeting of Spring's arrival:


The marvel of the Marigold!


Sky Kissed!


Blooming Bouquet!

The uncurling of Spring's first rose!



Pale Pink set against an azure blue sky: Spring is blossoming!

Reaching for the heavens: Heralding the new arrival!
Palm fanning out!


An explosion of pink against a backdrop of sunlit green: New life!

No comments: