Saturday, January 2, 2010

R.I.P.

Please, bow your heads as we observe a moment of silence for a faithful, loyal friend who has reached her end.



This week witnessed the passing of a wonderful companion.





My poor old laptop.

She was a wonderful machine that was always there for me.

For a very long time.




She was my first and undoubtedly, my favourite laptop.



Even though Mac books sparkle with the zeal of technological development; those sleek, impersonal gizmos are no match for my amazing laptop.



Yes, she was old, slow and frail. But she had heart-warming memories tucked into the corners of her ancient Hard-disk.



So, here's to you, old friend! :


  • I'm sorry I yelled when you were slow and I was in a hurry.

  • I'm sorry for dropping you once.

  • I'm sorry I didn't wipe you enough so that you would feel fresh and glittering new.

  • I'm sorry I didn't take better care of you.

  • I'm sorry for the cookie crumbs that littered your keys.

  • I'm sorry for putting you on stand-by and not shutting you down for a good nice sleep.

  • Lastly, I'm sorry I ever kept an open bottle of water near you; that led to your untimely demise.

Rest in Peace, buddy.

While your circuits are fried and your system crashed, I hope you finally get the rest you needed after working so hard.



:) Good Luck, buddy!

No comments: