Friday, May 29, 2009

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris? Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior":

"sic erit;
haeserunt tenues in corde sagittae, et possessa ferus pectora versat Amor.
Cedimus, an subitum luctando accendimus ignem?"
(Thus it will be; slender arrows are lodged in my heart,and Love vexes the chest that it has seizedShall I surrender or stir up the sudden flame by fighting it?)

And thus began my love/hate relationship with that glorious yet diabolic embodiment of English. Pure, unadulterated English.
His teasing chestnut macho-sultry locks and lightly toasted pleasing complexion seemed seductive, yet his eyes, deep, brilliant green eyes were cold, metallic and harsh.
Why are you doing this to me? I yell in desperation, torn apart by vividly contradicting emotions.
My unstable hormone-raging adolescence makes me more perplexed, bewildered, flummoxed.
He grins, his teeth glimmering in magnificent pearly radiance. Yet each teeth, though carved beautiful seems dangerous; sharpened to razor points- poised to kill.
His finely toned, lithe yet muscle-bound body though attractive to the eye holds concealed abilities. He is a master of deception. His life is a masquerade. He is a double agent, a winner both ways.
My lust and my loathe intermingle and fog my sense of discretion, blinding and ensnaring my senses. My heart? My head? Which to chose? Which to let go?
He smiles. And I melt into a puddle of ecstasy. In his arms, fear has no mantle.
Yet, against his beating heart, head against chest, I can sense the silver dagger that lurks inches away from my own.

To love or to leave. That is the question.

And yet despite the disappointing low grade etched on my English exam paper, I cannot help fall in love with that charming, lucid, chivalrous and engrossing man- English.



Blog Bubble: "Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior":
I hate and I love. How can I do that, you might ask me perhaps?I do not know. But that's what I feel and this is torture. ---Catullus LXXXV

No comments: