Saturday, November 21, 2009

Who Let The Dogs Out?

Sorry for the cliché title.

It was inevitable.

This morning, I spent a good two hours being pawed by over enthusiastic dogs.


I'm volunteering at the BSPCA, a branch of England's RSPCA. For now, just walking the dogs.

It's not as simple as it sounds. BSPCA hosts over 150 dogs; overflowing and bursting at its seams. The BSPCA is structured to hold not more than about 50 animals. But Bahrain's alarming rate of stray animal population has led the BSPCA to open up more than just their humongous, caring hearts.

So, with clear skies and prevailing winds, it was tally ho! With tails wagging and leashes straining, paws and feet were out at nine in the morning, exploring the untravelled roads of lonely, fly ridden Saar.

Twas fun!

I walked three dogs, met new people and pets and had the bit of exercise I've been long deprived of.

Doggone it! I'm tired.

Blog later then.

Nighty-night.

No comments: