Thursday, December 31, 2009

OMG!

Oh.My.Gawd.

Oh Your God?

Oh my God!

Honestly?
I just don't get it.

Why do people exclaim OMG! :O at the slightest provocation/surprise/upheaval/upset/intense moments (pick one!)

It's like, Oh My God, What the Foo?

In my mind, it's a holy equation, an involuntary association:

OMG! = Paris Hilton

It's come to a point when even atheists shake thier heads in disbelief and absent-mindedly mutter 'Oh My God!'.

Even Scientologists! Tom Cruise would have looked at his plummeting movie/popularity ratings and ferociously cursed under his breath with the words 'Oh My God' on his lips.
Not, I repeat, Not, 'Oh My Supreme-Alien-Commander'.

Ahh. The once heavy words, weighed down by devotional importance have become a slang thrown around more than confetti in New Year's Eve parties.

Sigh. So much for the Ten Commandments, eh?

Though shall not take thy God's name in vain!

For Real?

OH MY GOD!

No comments: